Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> hildon-theme-plankton had the hildon-theme-cacher dependency removed
> in Matt Zimmerman's upload on June 12th.

Oops, you just reminded me. I added maemo in my source.list. Sorry for
this.

BTW, how to let apt-get select gutsy package in first priority even its
version is lower than other release?

> [...]
>
>> Questions comes, why make a copy from icon theme to applicaton theme?
>
> No idea.
>
>> And hildon-desktop code has some references to icons that are in
>> /usr/share/themes/mobile-basic/images. But that's strange and not
>> comply with standards. I suggest moving them to
>> /usr/share/icons/hildon/, idea? I might have to figure out why
>> hildon-desktop can find them.
>
> Sounds like a plan.
I made a mistake as well. All the references are using name. Only test
utilities in hildon-desktop use file path directly. So it should be
using icons in icons folder. So no issue here. As pointed out above,
icons in theme folder are a copy of those in icons folder. So icons in
icon folder should be able to be removed. I made a test today and it
seems work fine. But I'm not sure 100% because current flash UI desktop
doesn't use those icons at all.

>> 2. Who knows how to set background on the fly in current
>> hildon-desktop? Currently, the background pic and accompanying
>> desktop file are stored in /usr/share/background. But I don't know
>> how to set it on the fly.
>
> There's a dbus method for it and I believe hildon-desktop knows how
> to, so you could grep through the source there.

Thanks. I'll try after vacation.

> [...]
>
>> 4. How to set icon theme and application theme on the fly in current
>> hildon desktop?
>
> In the normal desktop, gnome-settings-daemon is responsible for
> applying the settings, so you could take a look at exactly how it is
> doing it?
Do it after vacation.

BTW, I suggest renaming sdk-default-icons pacakge to ume-default-icons
and modify it to put icons in /usr/share/icons/ume, your idea?