On Friday 21 September 2007 15:00:16 Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * "Zhu, Peter J"
>
> | BTW, how to let apt-get select gutsy package in first priority even its
> | version is lower than other release?
>
> that's described in apt_preferences(5)
>
> | BTW, I suggest renaming sdk-default-icons pacakge to ume-default-icons
> | and modify it to put icons in /usr/share/icons/ume, your idea?
>
> This sounds fine to me, or get rid of it, if the icons are going to be
> in the normal theme package?

As far as the icons go I think we should think about this more carefully,
There will probably be several sets of icons. For instance, we will use the
Tango icons as well as some of the gnome-default icons, on top of those we
will have UME specific icons for certain things. The heirarchy would be
UME->Tango->Gnome/Hildon(not sure exactly about this part, but you get the
point)->HiColor(for 3rd party apps). Mixing these icons into one dir is a
VeryBadIdea(tm) as it makes it almost impossible to keep up with the upstream
changes. In addition we could create a list of icons from those sets which we
explicitly do NOT need so that we can remove them per script each time we
pull changes from upstream.

--
Ken