Steve Magoun wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Using icons instead of text for buttons is certainly an option. I
> went with text because it's clear and creating a meaningful,
> unambiguous icon can sometimes be difficult (especially given the
> space constraints in the interface).
>
> When I worked at Pepper we had the same discussion about webmail. We
> found that our users wanted a real email client - though people will
> use webmail, many prefer a real mail client for a variety of reasons.
> Reading/composing offline is one; others include immature web clients
> (though they're getting better), lack of webmail availability,
> familiarity/comfort with a 'real' mail client, and the ability to
> check more than one account at the same time with the same interface.

And speed. When I use gmail I have to wait 2-5 seconds for each action.
When I use an email app things rarely take more than 1sec (lookup names,
cycle through incoming mail, etc).  Also, if we import webmail (via POP)
then we get all those accounts on the device in one finger-friendly
email app.
Bob