From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kyle Nitzsche
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 2:30 PM
To: Li, Horace
Cc: ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com; Loïc Minier; Steve Kowalik; [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Please help to review i18n support in marquee-plugins

Hi Horace,

I tested mobile-basic-flash i18n. It worked!

 * We need a zh_TW (Chinese/TW) translation first
 * so I created the po file manually
 * translated it into Chinese
 * created the mo file manually
 * switched to that locale

And the "Starting <app>" pop-up displayed in Chinese. (Not the app name, just
the "Starting" part.)

Two questions:

 1) How does one add new locales to the package so that when the package is
built with debuild the new po file is created if it doesn't already exist? (As
mentioned, I know how to do it manually.)

 2) Do you expect the application name also to be displayed translated in the
"Starting <appname>" popup?

Cheers,
Kyle