Hi Horace,

 Thanks for your work!

 Some comments on your patch:
 * would be nice to sent the patch against the source, the generated
   files diff isn't easy to read; so a git diff is best for review

 * your patch has editor copies:
 marquee-plugins-0.22/po/zh_CN.po~
 marquee-plugins-0.22/po/zh_HK.po~
 marquee-plugins-0.22/po/zh_TW.po~

 * I think you want to load the key file before the
   gtk_label_set_text (), then use g_key_file_get_locale_string (), then
   free the keyfile; that would be way shorter

 * Why do you special case the case where LANG isn't in the env?  LANG
   not being set should be equivalent to LANG=C, so special casing its
   abscence doesn't look good to me, I would guess that the underlying
   gettext logic will simply deal with it.  Perhaps you meant:
    mylang = g_getenv("LANG") ? "C";
   but I'd recommend dropping all this logic to use the proper line in
   the keyfile and use g_key_file_get_locale_string () instead.

 * We have a problem with the translations of the categories; basically
   things like "Internet", "Mobile" etc. wont appear in the .po files of
   marquee-plugins, so they wont be translated when you dgettext() on
   marquee-plugins' domain for these strings.  One ugly solution would
   be to list them all in some place of the source code, e.g. add:
   _("Mobile"), _("Settings") etc. to some .c or .h file which would be
   parsed and imported on intltool-update into the templates.  The
   correct solution is to not hardcode the list of categories and
   instead allow their translations along with the category names (where
   the names are actually defined), or in the same data package.  I
   believe the gnome-menus solution is the later (check e.g.
   layout/applications.menu and po/*.po), and the libgweather solution
   is the former for gnome-weather-applet (check e.g.
   ./data/Locations.xml.in with po-locations/* generating the actual
   Locations.xml on your system, /usr/share/libgweather/Locations.xml)

 The most worrying issue is the last one, as it means that it's not
 easy to add categories.  In fact, if we'd move the strings to the
 package transporting the categories, we wouldn't have any message
 strings in this package!

 Let me know how I can help you further on this topic.

    Bye,
--
Loïc Minier