It certainly looks like Win7 would take back the Netbook market from
Linux with W7 at this stage.
Having tested it at the weekend, its clear that the 1.6Ghz processor,
1GB mem and a reasonably fast disk will be fine and offers a far more
comfortable, productive and enjoyable environment than any Linux
distro i've seen.

I don't see any Linux distribution increasing their share in the
netbook market with WM7 around UNLESS, 1) Microsoft charge full rates
for W7 licenses AND 2) Win XP for ULCPCs goes away. In this case,
Linux could give OEMs the chance to save some up-front licensing
costs.

It leaves the MID market where 4GB flash, 800Mhz processors aren't
good enough for Win7 and MS doesn't have an X86 product to offer
(assuming XP goes away and WM7 does not support X86 architechture.)

Steve