>     There is no separate UMPC release for Jaunty.  In many ways, the

> goals of the UMPC flavour were identical to the goals of the Netbook
> Remix, and there were several sets of instructions on partially enabling
> the Netbook Remix interface for the UMPC release in intrepid.  During
> the Jaunty cycle, the code and packages previously in the Netbook Remix
> were brought up to date and integrated with Ubuntu, resulting in a
> release as a flavour of Ubuntu, rather than a derivative.
>
>     Those that prefer the previous interface are probably best served by
> installing Desktop, and then installing the intrepid ubuntu-mobile
> package.  I'm not sure if this works (I haven't tried it).  If someone
> wants to take over maintenance of the settings package and associated
> bits to work in Karmic, that is certainly a solution, but those
> previously maintaining it have merged their efforts with the Netbook Remix.

I have just tried the Netbook Remix via live USB. I see that *some* bugs that
haunted me with UMPC and intrepid were resolved -- for example, wireless now
wakes up after suspend. This is on a Samsung Q1U.

To my dislike, it still did not recognize the builtin cameras, did not turn the
arrow keys into scrollers (I guess I still need to set the keycodes accordingly
still), touch screen calibration froze the unit, I can not find an easy way to
edit and reduce the clutter of the netbook interface.

I guess this mailing list may not be the right place to report these anymore?
Or is it?

Thanks for all your suggestions.