In my professional life I am a Database Administrator. I'd like to dedicate
some time (8hrs a week maybe) to contributing to Ubuntu. I have had some
small amount of development experience in c++ and Java mainly from College
(5 years ago), and the odd "for fun" style project where I'd pick up
ruby/python/java for a week or so, then promptly loose motivation and forget
it.

Suffice to say I am not going to be hacking device drivers or anything cool
like that, but I would like to find a way to contribute to Ubuntu that uses
my expertise in databases, and peaks my interest in programming.

If you have any advice on how I could help, or what I should be doing I'd
love to hear it.

Thank You,

Josh Gray