Hello Josh,

welcome to Ubuntu and thanks for your interest in helping out.

Am 30.08.2011 21:44, schrieb Josh Gray:
> If you have any advice on how I could help, or what I should be doing
> I'd love to hear it.

If you have interest in "making things work again" and fixing small
bugs, you might be interested in checking out

        http://developer.ubuntu.com/packaging/html/

to get an idea of how Ubuntu development is done, how we work with
Launchpad and how the basics of packaging work.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask either here or in
#ubuntu-motu on irc.freenode.net

Thanks again for your interest, have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Ubuntu Global Jam: 2nd-4th September 2011
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam