On Tuesday 23 October 2007 09:11, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 23.10.2007, 07:16 -0400 schrieb Scott Kitterman:
> > While in general I might agree with you, while the language may be a bit
> > strong, it's a perfectly reasonable question from a member of the
> > community to a candidate for MOTU Council and should be answered.
>
> This is not about making amendments to the wording to make it sound
> 'ok', it's about having a welcoming and productive atmosphere in the
> team. I retitled the topic to reflect that.
>
> "It's harshly worded, but that's ok." is not the attitude that
> encourages new members and it's not the atmosphere that makes everybody
> comfortable in the team.

Personally I don't have the impression that productive is important at all
here.  Let's welcome everyone no matter what damage they do.

I agree the language was over the top, but the question is a reasonable one.

I will tell you that I am desperately uncomfortable in the team because the
productive part doesn't seem to me to be valued at all.

Scott K