Hi,

Am Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:34:34 +0200
schrieb Soren Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 07:40:48PM +0200, Stefan Potyra wrote:
> > Autobuilding: autobuilding is basically handing out a root shell on
> > the box, so this won't happen.
>
> I hear virtualisation is all the rage these days.

Yes..right...opensuses buildservice got HW sponsored from amd for this
to happen (afaik)...(they are using xen images for their chroot cages)
and those servers are mounted somewhere in novell/suses DCs or at
sponsord places by IP Exchange (Nuernberg) with enough power to play
with. (AMD Machines Sponsoring:
http://news.opensuse.org/2007/08/07/opensuse-build-service-gains-momentum-with-amd-sponsorship/)

regarding ubuntuwires hardware farm, I wonder if this will be a
reasonable fundraiser idea.....

or we could beg amazon for some spare elastic cloud power...

/me really needs a life now ;)

\sh

--
SysAdmin, OSS Developer