On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Scott Kitterman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Tuesday 13 May 2008 18:11, Jordan Mantha wrote:
>
> > My feeling is that the best way to help make sure this kind of thing
> > doesn't happen is to have *one*, canonical place to track merges.
> Launchpad
> > bugs seems to be the best way we have of doing that currently.
> Basically,
> > file a merge bug if you're going to be working on a merge and *all*
> people
> > working on merges, including MOTU sponsors, should be looking *first* to
> > see if somebody has already filed a bug before working on it.
>
> Personally I'd find a file a bug first rule very demotivating.  One more
> rule
> to convince me to spend my time on other things.

Contributors already have to file a bug so I figured it'd be easiest for
them. A comment on MoM (when that works) would also suffice, IMO. The point
being, people need a place to check to see if somebody else is working on a
merge and people *especially* need to be checking.

-Jordan

P.S. The idea of me having to wait for somebody else's OK just to do a
merge, even though I'm a MOTU/Core Dev, is very demotivating.