Kjeldgaard Morten wrote:

> I have now produced a draft page at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GettingStartedDraft

Looks like a good start.

>> - that links to all the important pages (so we have one good answer and
>> the new contributor one page to bookmark)

The draft doesn't really meet this goal yet, I think.  I'll see about
adding a few more links.  One idea: Perhaps each major section should
have a "Further Resources" bit at the end which links to more detail
about the particular topic concerned
(Launchpad/Triage/bugfixing/packaging/whatever)?

Also, I think adding a table of contents to the page would be good (I
just did this!).

I'm slightly confused as to the expected path users (wannabe community
members) would take to get to this page (say from http://www.ubuntu.com)
and (if they are MOTU-wannabes) from here to MOTU-specific material.
How does the new more general GettingStarted page you are creating
relate to existing non-MOTU-specific pages of a somewhat similar nature,
such as https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment and
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributeToUbuntu ?

Jonathan