On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 23:00 +0100, Kjeldgaard Morten wrote:
> I have now produced a draft page at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GettingStartedDraft
>   , incorporating all ideas contributed to me (the number is zero ;-)).

Hi Morten,

Thanks for working on this, I think the page is great.

I'm not sure it should become the new GettingStarted page though, as in
the page that is the landing page for people interested in getting
started. It should certainly be a prominent link from that page though.

The reason for this is that the page is quite long, and leads you
through a journey to learn a lot. I think the landing page itself
should be quite short and focused, and just give a few links to the
basic information, and then point them to this page to get started.

Perhaps this should indeed be called the GettingStarted page, and we
should have the landing page be called something else, I'm not too
fussed, but I hope my point is clear.

Thanks again for working on this, it is quite an achievement.

Thanks,

James