Hello,

Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
> Your concern is completely legitimate.

I'm with Scott here. There should have been a call for volunteers as in the
past.

> However, it was short notice,

When did Reinhard step down?

> and wgrant and myself decided that we
> would try to represent the interest of the MOTUs as well as we could.

That's fine, but if you have stepped up in the mailing list, I don't think
anyone had objected and we wouldn't be having this discussion now.

> We took this chance because none of the items on the list seemed
> really controversial.

Of what list, Reinhard's or yours?

> The items we chose to prioritize have to do with making our life as
> MOTUs easier, such as getting more efficient buildds, a user-interface
> for doing rebuilds easily, etc.
>
> Please take a look at the list. if anyone has any serious objections
> to our choices, please give us feedback and we'll see if we can get
> changes accepted. (Since there are N! ways of arranging N items, you
> should probably try to make your comments general in nature.)

Could you explain how PPAs are so useful to MOTUs? Note that I use my PPA from
time to time, but I'd choose a bunch of other bugs/features before improving
PPAs (I've seen some PPA related topics in your list).

And finally, let me repeat Scott question:
> We did give siretart input some time ago.  Was that used?

Regards,
Emilio