https://dev.launchpad.net/VersionThreeDotO/Soyuz/Inputs
>>>  column "T").
>
>Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> I appreciate the two of you stepping up to do this important task.
><...>
>
>> However good this list may be, it has no legitimate basis to be
considered
>> a "MOTU" input.
>>
>> Part of our process for role transfer includes a chance for community
>> review of such delegations.  Until this has happened (I guess we now
have
>> that chance), I don't see any legitimacy to speak on our behalf.
>

>    While I agree that the list of priorities does not include the
>expected input to be truly considered to represent MOTU priorities, I
>very much disagree that the process for role transfer is in any way
related.

>    More specifically, while we have a fairly detailed process by which
>people join or leave some of our delegated teams (motu-sru,
>motu-release), we have not historically used this process for transfer
>of MOTU Leaders, including transfers since the adoption of this process
>for the delegated roles.
>
>    So, if there is a desire to have this process affect the singleton
>MOTU Leaders as well as the delegated teams, this change should be
>raised for review and discussion separately from the criticism of our
>new LP liaisons' prioritisation choices.

I think that before anyone can claim to speak for the community, the community
needs to buy
into that in some manner.  I view exactly how that is accomplished as an
implementation detail.

In the case the new liaisons spoke for the community at a time when we didn't
even know they
were the liaison.

It's quite all right to describe their input as input from two MOTU who are
generally knowlegable and having a good opinion, but there's no basis for
them being treated as speaking for us without our consent or input.

Scott K