Sorry, but people also need to be careful taking out an nuclear option
in how they describe others when they bring legitimate arguments.

Everything that I have seen so far in the thread is a discussion if
certain features of a software are a good solution for the general
population of users or not. This has nothing to do with tribalism.

Open source is an open concept that allows different options. The core
of a distro is defined by this distro. However, in difference to Apple's
iPhone and iPad, nobody must jailbreak in order to install something
outside the normal software archives. Nothing excludes anybody to use
ubuntu-tweak regardless if it is in the official archives or not.

If ubuntu-tweak fixes some temporary issues that in order to do it right
should be fixed in other places then this is recommendable, but does not
create an automatic need of inclusion. It would be better if those issue
are fixed in the right place.  In the meantime, it is available in a
ppa. If it bring real long-term benefit for users that is not met in
other ways, or is a good alternative to what already exists, then it
should be included.

All of this is a matter of proper and civil discussion. There is no need
to undermined anybodies reputation by insinuating ulterior motives. The
beauty of our community is the empowerment of everybody. This means not
everybody has to have or do the same thing. Diversity is strength!
Having different perspectives and arguments is part of this strength.