On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 11:57 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Thursday, August 05, 2010 11:35:40 am Aron Xu wrote:
> > The PPAs are selected by the ubuntu-tweak authors and community
> > contributors. You may want to pay some time to have a look at
> > ubuntu-tweak.com, which enables the users to add there suggestions and
> > reviews for the developers. Developers will review the PPAs and ask
> > for user feedback for whether the PPAs are good on there own
> > experience. Developers will also only add PPAs which have a
> > significant audience, for example the Mozilla Security Team PPA.
>
> One thing I noticed on ubuntu-tweak.com was http://ubuntu-
> tweak.com/source/clam-antivirus/.  This page takes a PPA that I maintain and
> makes it look like part of ubuntu-tweak.
>
> I find this very unpleasant as I feel it is misappropriating my work.  It
> does
> not give me any confidence at all that the ubuntu-tweak authors are people
> that
> I would care to work with.
>
> Scott K

I just noticed that they also list a PPA that I maintain
( http://ubuntu-tweak.com/source/tracker-unstable-ppa/ ). However, the
description on their website doesn't match the description of my PPA on
Launchpad. Their description looks like it's been completely written by
them to make it look like they are maintaining the packages ("Ultimately
various packages that I primarily build for my own experiments. I try to
keep a package of unstable tracker for Ubuntu Karmic updated here.
Please let me know if stuff doesn't work."). My PPA has never had that
description, and I find it wholly offensive that they are using it this
way.

Regards
Chris