On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Alex Lourie <djay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 3:45 PM, Gema Gomez <
> gema.gomez-sol...@canonical.com> wrote:
>

>> Thanks Alex, let's aim at re-writing as many as we can and after they
>> are reviewed we can put them back on the wiki substituting the old ones,
>> so that new test cases can be used for Alpha 2 testing.
>>

> I second that. I recommend prioritising here, so I believe it is better to
> begin with ISO test cases, then continue to application test cases.
> Moreover, we should probably prioritise the ISO cases as well, so we
> concentrate on more important ones first.

OK, so thinking about this further, I came up with the following:

1. As I previously recommended,  work on ISO tracker test cases first, deal
with everything else later.
2. Select few representing flavours from the list on [1]
3. Rewrite mandatory test cases.
4. When 3. above is done, rewrite the run-once test cases.
5. When 4. above is done, rewrite optional test cases.
6. Repeat 3-5 for other flavours until all test cases for ISO testing are
rewritten.
7. Approve all tests. ( I recommend at least one peer review per test, just
to be on a safe side).

Feedback on this would be extremely helpful, especially I'd like to have
the consensus on the first bunch of flavours to rewrite (I guess, main
Ubuntu i386 Desktop/server, Kubuntu and Xubuntu should get there). I'd set
a first bunch to 5-7, so we see how it goes.

Thanks

[1] http://91.189.93.73/qatracker/milestones/205/builds

--
Alex Lourie