Il 31 marzo 2012 22:02, El Merehbi, Ibrahim <bobmerh...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
> Hello all,
>
> First things first; could you please check out the following bugs &
> the bot comments:
>
>    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/969453
>    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/969485
>
> From what I learned by reading is that when testing It is recommended
> *not* to do an update (e.g; UM or dist-upgrade) for the sake of not
> breaking the system, so why am I being asked by the bot to do that?

Charlie already answered your question, but I just want to add an
important thing about that.
If you are testing laptop in a live environment you can't do a
dist-upgrade obviously.
However you can test last dev kernel just booting  the daily ISO image
containing it.

To check if the current daily is using the expected kernel just boot
it and then run "uname -rv" from a terminal.

Ciao!

--
Sergio Zanchetta
https://launchpad.net/~primes2h