Thanks Thomas Ward. I will view the ServerTeam wiki to get an idea of what
they do. What I had in mind was not only do we test the services and
functions in ubuntu server but actually deploy ubuntu server on an already
running network and evaluate how these services actually perform. By doing
this, notes can be taken on anything unexpected encountered, the ease of
deployment, ease of management and of course bugs. Consider this a friendly
experiment. After all the ubuntu server cores and newly added services have
been tested, get them running servicing a real network. Then the quality
level of these services will be graded. Any service with a satisfactory
grade level will then be aggressively
promoted.

The same is done with Xubuntu and Kubuntu. All the required testcases are
tested and the system is then used as a production desktop system. You get
a better understanding of the stability of the system, functions of
packages and its ease of deployment.

If there are any questions you need answered please ask.

Istimsak Abdulbasir (saqman2060)