On 06/12/13 20:18, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
On 12/06/2013 02:05 PM, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
Why I *changed pages* without asking
- Because I guess letting people make changes and discussing only those on which we don't agree makes *further progress*, further than speaking everything before hand. And if there's no consensus letting other's opinion to prevail.
Alberto I applaud your willingness to make changes and be proactive. That said, we need to discuss things first.

- How much *time* do you thing a message like this will someone take to write? And to answer? How do you see this for *every choose* (or not choose)?
Making changes prompts discussion, and as you noted, if you want to make big changes you don't want to discuss them all before making them. The answer to this is to copy the wiki pages in question and make your changes there so others can see. For example, I can clone the entire QATeam wiki to a new page under my name, ala

wiki.ubuntu.com/balloons/QATeam

and make drastic changes there. Then ask others for feedback. Does this make sense? Look at the

Again, I'm always glad to see people striving to keep the wiki relevant and up to date. So I applaud your work. I think it just happened in the wrong place. Can you copy everything over to a new place under your name and revert the changes you made then on the primary pages? We can discuss and tweak things on the copies, and once we're ready, replace the main pages again.

Thanks,

Nicholas

Other than to say, that having discussions about this sort of thing amongst those affected sums up the communal nature of wiki, I'll say no more - this represents my view nicely.//
/
/Elfy

--
Ubuntu Forum Council Member