On 20/11/14 09:00, Brian Murray wrote:
> I think this is a false assumption, in that the people setting the bug's
> importance to critical know the definition of critical and are able to
> independently judge the bug's importance. Some Launchpad user reporting
> or experiencing the bug report is much more likely to think their bug
> report is critical. Subsequently, I think your numbers are quite low and
> optimistic.

I will try to stress the above a bit more: users in general will always
assume their bug is high/critical (it is, by definition, affecting their
work!).

We did have it, sort of, on for a while -- and we found that importance
would have to be controlled. We used to spend a nice amount of time
correcting importance. Samewise with moving to triaged, or fix released,
or wontfix.

> Another consideration is that the Ubuntu Bug Control mailing list is
> moderated so any emails sent to it will need to be approved by an
> administrator. I'd like it if a different system were used.

Agreed 100%.

Cheers,

..C..