Brian Murray:
I think this is a false assumption, in that the people setting the bug's
importance to critical know the definition of critical and are able to
independently judge the bug's importance. Some Launchpad user reporting
or experiencing the bug report is much more likely to think their bug
report is critical. Subsequently, I think your numbers are quite low and
optimistic.

Another consideration is that the Ubuntu Bug Control mailing list is
moderated so any emails sent to it will need to be approved by an
administrator. I'd like it if a different system were used.

Perhaps we could direct those warnings to me for a while, collect metrics, and decide on those.