On 12/11/2016 07:12 PM, teo teo wrote:

<snip>
2) sticking to an LTS for 2 f***ing years means sticking to tremendously
obsolete software, usually full of bugs that have already been fixed
upstream (by the way that is usually already true when the ubuntu release
is brand new, let alone two years later),
<snip>

I know, someone's going to think, "don't feed the troll". Hear me out. Teo teo's concerns about LTS are not trollish. Users who elect to run LTS rather than incremental releases must, at some point, maintain the system with more current debs which approximate the incremental upgrades. I always follow the incremental upgrades, as I'd rather fix a version which is farther along in development than LTS. I never fully understood why a individual user would use LTS. LTS is better suited to a circumstance where uniformity is prized, such as small businesses, corporations, libraries etc. Teo teo is certainly right that an LTS plan of action has significant deficits.

Jordan