Hi all,

James Dinkel wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Brett Alton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> As for informing community, I am sure they got plenty of that.
>> This is 3ware 9650SE-2LP raid card and it is only hardware SATA raid
>> card out there.
>>

> While I can't say much about your actual problem, I do know that is
> not the only SATA raid card.  LSI makes a great hardware SATA raid
> card.  I have several, but they are all in Redhat machines (sorry,
> Ubuntu is still my favorite though).

Yes, also Areca makes nice RAID6 cards.

I just checked and the hardy kernel (and as far as I recall) all kernels
from the past two years include drivers for 3Ware 9xxx cards. I have one
box running with a 2.6.24 kernel with a larger 3Ware controller:

09:00.0 0104: 13c1:1004 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: 13c1:1004
        Memory at d8000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
        Memory at da300000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        I/O ports at 4000 [size=256]
        [virtual] Expansion ROM at da320000 [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: [50] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+
Queue=0/5 Enable-
        Capabilities: [70] Express Legacy Endpoint IRQ 0
        Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting

I need to dig out the right numbers but it's the 24 port version of the
9650.

HTH

Carsten