On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:24:48 -0400
"Brett Alton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Brett I have very little experience with Ubuntu, except that
> I know that this card did not work with version that I tried, not more
> than few months ago.

He probably tried 6.06, which was released before that card was even
produced and, of course, 6.06 doesn't support it.

> 3ware 9XXX driver is in kernel forever. However this is new card, new
> interface, it is still 9000 series

It's not that new, it's almost 2 years old. On can say that it's from
9xxx series, cause of the name, but support for this card required a
big change in driver, not only product ID.

> Those people know lots about Ubuntu and not much about card that is at
> the issue.

Lol... One of those 'People' have more than 20 of those cards all over
the world, with Ubuntu on those servers :D

> Things change all the time. It is perfectly possible that Ubuntu does
> support it now.

Here is a patch for 6.06:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2007-February/001262.html

I've just checked, this card is supported since 7.04.