Megan,

I can only speak for myself, but as an IT Manager, I appreciate having good
quality technical resources at hand. Sometimes, having it in print is just
better as I can take a book places to read that a laptop just isn't the best
idea.

That being said, I cannot stress enough the "good quality" part mentioned
above. Many of the people that might be potential buyers already know a
great deal about Ubuntu Server. If all you do is essentially rewrite man
pages and such, I'm personally not going to bother with it and suspect I'm
not alone.

To your question of whether it is "still needed" or not, I can only say that
if your book provides plenty of real world examples, it is definitely
needed.

For example, a couple of years back I had to search long and hard to piece
together everything I needed to integrate a Samba 3 file server into an
Active Directory environment complete with ACLs using AD users and groups.

If you can provide solutions to real world challenges such as that, your
book will be well received. I should say it will be by me at least.

Best of luck with it.

Regards,

Aaron Kincer