Hello,

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Mathias Gug <math...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I think this is a great idea. Basing the work on the openldap-dit project
> is a
> good start.
>
> I would focus on:
>
>  1. Identifying which use cases should be covered:
>    * user and group management.
>  2. Creating a DIT that can be used to cover the use cases:
>    * openldap-dit is a good starting point.
>  3. Creating a package that asks basic questions and setup the DIT.
>  4. Looking into administration tools:
>    * CLI to cover the basic use cases - ldapscripts is useful.
>
> I'd suggest to file a blueprint and discuss it at UDS if you wanna hash out
> the
> plan for Maverick.
>
> --

Thanks Andreas for creating openldap-dit.  For the last couple of days I've
been testing it, and after a few updates was able to get it to work on
Lucid.  As you mentioned there are a lot of ways to create a directory tree,
and everyone does it differently.  I created a branch to attempt to
modularize the  openldap-dit-setup.sh script based on which services an
admin would like.  It's probably pretty crude, but I was able to apply all
the different schemas, and tested the sudo items.

Mathias I created a blueprint here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openldap-dit/+spec/server-maverick-openldap-dit
and
I agree that another UDS discussion would be great :-).

Thanks again.

--
Party On,
Adam