On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 13:31 -0500, Jorge Armando Medina wrote:
> > thats a quite good idea, at the moment I prefer Apache Directory Studio.
> > When you have got a client system to manage the server, its imo the
> > better solution to administer your DIT.
> > Its available for lnx, win and mac. Therefore it covers the most
> > platforms. :)
> Me and some customers prefere Apache Directory Studio over gq,
> ldapbrowser and other GUI ldap client and editors, it requieres java,
> but who doesnt have java already installed?

We use GOsa for all of our customers and are really happy with the
results.

It's a web interface built in PHP with smarty templates and
internationalization, that lets you manage users, groups, departments,
sudo roles, and can even do dhcp/dns, and other nice stuff.

I'm currently migrating a chinese manufacturing company with over 800
accounts. They're getting rid of their Active Directory and moving to
Linux thin clients with LTSP and some Windows Terminal Servers for
legacy apps. GOsa handles all the SID generation for Samba so that
everything is seamless.

The only downside is that it uses extended schemas to store the
information. To work with Andréas's DIT structure, we would need to
convert everything to cn=config format. That's on my medium-term TODO
list, but if anyone is interested in helping, that could be ready for
Maverick...

--
Jean-Michel Dault
Technology Architect