On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:16:14AM -0400, Ralph Janke wrote:
>  Isn't it time to use mariadb instead of mysql?

Could you provide some rationalization of MariaDB vs. the main MySQL
releases?

There are a bunch of forks we could consider with varying degrees of
compatibility with MYSQL.

Percona (working on packaging)
MariaDB (available from their own repos)
Drizzle (in universe)

Compatible or not, none of these are really MySQL.

I'd really like to have a good reason before moving to any of these as
our preferred MySQL service. I don't think MySQL is like Hudson.. Oracle
seems to be taking good care of it and (for the time being) nothing has
changed in their approach to community contribution (which has never
been fantastic anyway).