Excerpts from Ralph Janke's message of Thu Mar 31 05:55:44 -0700 2011:
>   On 03/30/2011 07:19 PM, Clint Byrum wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:16:14AM -0400, Ralph Janke wrote:
> >>   Isn't it time to use mariadb instead of mysql?
> >>
> > I'd really like to have a good reason before moving to any of these as
> > our preferred MySQL service. I don't think MySQL is like Hudson.. Oracle
> > seems to be taking good care of it and (for the time being) nothing has
> > changed in their approach to community contribution (which has never
> > been fantastic anyway).
> >
> There are lots of reasons to go to mariadb!

Ralph, your reasons are pretty compelling. Could you make sure they're
up to date in the wiki matrix that Dave Walker posted a link to?

I definitely think we should have a discussion about this at UDS. It
would be a bold move to move MySQL out of main and instead make the "M"
in our LAMP server MariaDB.