----- Original Message -----
> Félim Whiteley wrote:
> > I'd have to put my +1 for getting Shinken
> > (http://www.shinken-monitoring.org/)
> > in it's place. It's config file compatible but is actively developed
> > (ok not
> > completely fair on Nagios but it's a monolithic engine and the web
> > interface
> > still looks like they are partying like it's 1997). Perhaps it's a
> > little
> > early in the dev cycle for Shinken but I've found the folks on the
> > dev list
> > really pushing it past Nagios. Also its got a comedy like Ubuntu
> > release name
> > for 0.5 ;)
>
> +1 for Shinken, which is designed in a cloud-compatible way (multiple
> types of parallel workers). Compatibility with Nagios config files is
> definitely a +. Written in Python.
>
> --
> Thierry Carrez (ttx)
> Ubuntu core developer

+1 for Shinken too, it is developed on Ubuntu and I already made some
basic packages in a PPA (https://launchpad.net/~shinken-dev/+archive/ppa).
It may not be very mature yet but it has a very interesting feature set
while retaining compatibility with Nagios configuration files.

--
Michael Jeanson
Révolution Linux - www.rlnx.com