On 11-03-30 03:57 PM, Ralph Janke wrote:
>  On 03/30/2011 02:25 PM, Clint Byrum wrote:
>> On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 10:59 -0400, Chuck Short wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think we should re-evaluate if nagios is the monitoring solution we
>>> want to support and if it easy make really really easy to deploy.
>>>
>> Seems to me that we should consider dropping nagios from main and
>> promoting icinga as its replacement:
>>
>> https://www.icinga.org/faq/why-a-fork/
>>
> +1 from me

Not that I care a whole lot, but isn't this somewhat the same debate as
MySQL vs. one of the many forks?

Nagios is now an household brand in IT.  I would be very, very cautious
about dumping that out in favor of a recent fork.  I am all for doing a
competitive analysis, but please take market adoption into account.

(Not that I have any love for Nagios; it's hairy and bynzantine.  Just
saying that we should be cautious here.)

--
Etienne Goyer
Technical Account Manager - Canonical Ltd

 ~= Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings =~