On 31/03/2011 15:34, Etienne Goyer wrote:
On 11-03-30 03:57 PM, Ralph Janke wrote:
  On 03/30/2011 02:25 PM, Clint Byrum wrote:
On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 10:59 -0400, Chuck Short wrote:
Hi,

I think we should re-evaluate if nagios is the monitoring solution we
want to support and if it easy make really really easy to deploy.

Seems to me that we should consider dropping nagios from main and
promoting icinga as its replacement:

https://www.icinga.org/faq/why-a-fork/

+1 from me
Not that I care a whole lot, but isn't this somewhat the same debate as
MySQL vs. one of the many forks?

Nagios is now an household brand in IT.  I would be very, very cautious
about dumping that out in favor of a recent fork.  I am all for doing a
competitive analysis, but please take market adoption into account.

(Not that I have any love for Nagios; it's hairy and bynzantine.  Just
saying that we should be cautious here.)

+ 1 from me

--
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.