On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 12:34 PM, tto...@ttoine.net <tto...@ttoine.net> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I just saw in the Maverick beta wiki pages that in Ubuntu Studio
> Maverick, some work has been done for better integration between
> PulseAudio and Jackd. Is it available for vanilla Ubuntu too ?
>
> If not, does this need to install a specific package, or is there a
> tweak we can document for non "Studio" users? I ask that because I am
> downloading Maverick beta at the moment, but not the Studio, the
> standard one, with the aim to test and document that important point!
>
> I will try to get a firewire sound card to see how I can document too
> the use of that kind of stuff in Maverick.

Hello everybody,

I'm also very interested in the details of this "better integration"
and will test it with my firewire card.

To complement what ttoine asked, the release notes mention "Help would
be appreciated in testing out:  1. Integration between Pulse Audio and
JACK, 2. gnome-network-admin network connections configuration". Then
can somebody detail what has been done, in which packages (like ttoine
I prefer installing a vanilla ubuntu, then the studio metapackages),
and potential things expected to break / areas to focus?

Thanks!