Le 03/09/2010 23:11, Marc R.J. Brevoort a écrit :
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2010, tto...@ttoine.net wrote:
>

>> I just saw in the Maverick beta wiki pages that in Ubuntu Studio
>> Maverick, some work has been done for better integration between
>> PulseAudio and Jackd. Is it available for vanilla Ubuntu too ?
>> If not, does this need to install a specific package, or is there a
>> tweak we can document for non "Studio" users? I ask that because I am
>> downloading Maverick beta at the moment, but not the Studio, the
>> standard one, with the aim to test and document that important point!
>>
> I've just set up a system that plays back pulseaudio over jack over
> ALSA on Lucid.
> The following are not step-by-step instructions but may help you
> get started.
>
> You'll need pulseaudio-module-jack, the regular set of
> jack util packages;
>
> ~/.asoundrc containing this:
> pcm.pulse {
>       type pulse
> }
> ctl.pulse {
>       type pulse
> }
> pcm.!default {
>       type pulse
> }
> ctl.!default {
>       type pulse
> }
>
> follow the recommendations that qjackctl gives you when trying to start
> it and failing;
>
> create two files,
>
> 1. ~/bin/jack.pa containing the following:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> # (two following lines matter most)
> pactl load-module module-jack-sink
> pactl load-module module-jack-source
>
> pactl load-module module-native-protocol-unix
> pactl load-module module-volume-restore
> pactl load-module module-default-device-restore
> pactl load-module module-rescue-streams
> pactl load-module module-suspend-on-idle
>
> 2. a file ~/bin/startjack containing this:
> #!/bin/bash
> /usr/bin/jackd -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n2
>
> (which is the line shown by qjackctl after successful startup)
>
> give both file execute permissions;
>
> chmod +x ~/bin/*
>
> and add them as startup programs.
>
> re-login, in sound preferences set "Jack sink" as
> default audio device.
>
> Thus you'll have a system that (in theory) directs all its audio
> through JACK.
>
> One minor thing is that when starting qjackctl, pulseaudio is
> suspended, which is not ideal. As you're running the jack
> daemon as startup program, You'll also want to tell qjackctl
> not to terminate jack on exiting.
>
> I hope this is of some use to you even though terribly
> incomplete and written up from memory too so probably full
> of errors.
>
> Best,
> Marc

What would be better, would be to see in the audio/sound preferences a
"jackd" sound card, and manually choose it if necessary. This is not
always good to have all applications on jackd. And Pulse Audio will
remember this choice every time jackd is launched, as it does when you
plug an usb sound card.

Will try that this week-end, or next week, and let you know. This is one
of the most important stuff, with firewire, for Maverick, imho.

Toine