On 05/08/2011 03:43 PM, Jorge G. Mare wrote:
Howdy,

Although this is still very much work in progress, I thought I would
put the new website in it's current state on a staging URL so that you
guys can play with it:

http://www.myhaiku.org
Jorge -

This looks great!

On a first walkthrough I found that I wanted to navigate the homepage's info carousel by clicking on the images below the text held in the unordered list with id="flowtabs".

To a certain extent this section of the page feels like an accordion interaction, so when I couldn't click on the images I had to find out *how* to interact with it - ie. click the text.

In the grand scheme of things, not to big, just something that *feels* like it should be interactive.

Text looks awesome! I like the line spacing, and the subtle grey border below the h2 tags. There is only one thing I might play with in regards to text, and that is the post's meta content. The way it is currently looks beautiful, but the content isn't as *scan-able* By that I mean that when I scroll down the page the individual post titles (h2) stand out, but the content of the post doesn't stand out from the meta - ie. author, post date, etc...

In terms of a solution - Hmmm... the quick thing would be to make the meta smaller. Another possible solution would be to not have it on the home page, or to have a limited amount showing, when the viewer clicks through to the single post they would get more details. I'm not as thrilled with that solution, but it could work.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

- Benjamin