Hi, I just made a little script that does that for all the cores on
the system in python.

Now i just need to add a little GUI in GTK, That i need to investigate
since I dont know GTK well.

There are 2 scripts. The main one is only to call GKSudo to gain
administrative privileges (uscpu.py), the second one (cpu.py) is
actually what does the work.

To try them set uscpu as executable (right click - permissions, or on
de command line "chmod +x uscpu.py"
then double click it and run it :D
your cpus should be at performance now.

If anyone wants to do a little GTK window, please do.

2011/6/18 Gerhard Lang <lang.gerh...@gmail.com>:
> No doubt, this helps. But what is with noob's frustration until they will
> have found this out?
> At my last ubuntustudio-install  a terminal popped up and  forced me to set
> fitting security limits. There should be something like this for cpu
> frequency too.
>
> Am 18.06.2011 13:06, schrieb Erik Rasmussen:
>>
>> Perhaps a help...
>>
>> http://maketecheasier.com/how-to-control-your-cpu-frequency-in-ubuntu/2009/04/10
>>

>> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 19:11, Gerhard Lang <lang.gerh...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:lang.gerh...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>    And again, even in times of dawning kernel 3.0, I'm harping the
>>    same old theme: Most musician's complaints about poor performance,
>>    bad latencies and unacceptable xrun/buffersize ratio with
>>    consequence of yearning for better realtime kernel functionality
>>     are result of automatic cpu frequency scheduling i.e. system
>>    hiccups by scaling the cpu frequency on demand. My suggestion for
>>    a future 1. range ubuntustudio  feature is a small userfriendly
>>    gui for this with setting 'performance' by default. For an avarage
>>    audiophile ubuntu newbie it takes some weeks until she found out
>>    how to customize cpu frequency  with panel apps or alternative
>>    stuff in new releases, and before this epiphany happens,
>>    ubuntustudio might be removed from the harddisk for reason of
>>    insufficiency. I would bet on it. I'd do it myself if I had the
>>    coding skills.
>>    best regards
>>    Gerhard
>>
>>    --     Ubuntu-Studio-devel mailing list
>>    Ubuntu-Studio-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
>>    <mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-devel@lists.ubuntu.com>
>>    Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>

> --

Fagote / Contrafagote
Bassoon / Contra-bassoon
http://myspace.com/ricardolameiro
#! /usr/bin/env python

import subprocess

subprocess.call(['gksudo', 'python cpu.py'])
#! /usr/bin/env python
#(c) Ricardo Lameiro
#Licensed as GPLv2 or later http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

import gtk , os

cpuf = os.popen("cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep processor | wc -l")
cpu_cores = int(cpuf.readline())
def cpu_scale():
	i = 0
	while i < cpu_cores:
		os.system("cpufreq-selector -c %d -g performance &" % i)
		i = i + 1

print "You have %d cores" % cpu_cores
cpu_scale()
#win = gtk.Window()
#win.show()
#win.connect("destroy", lambda w: gtk.main_quit())