On Sat, January 21, 2012 7:04 pm, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:

>> Having the option of administrating groups will of course always remain,
>> but from my point of view, a distro like UbuntuStudio should have audio
>> group as a default group for both the desktop and administrator users.
>> Not having that is in my view a bug.
>> As pointed out, the user who installs the system from DVD will belong to
>> audio group, but not in any other other case.

Ok, that makes sense. Also this below:

>>> The GUI user creator allows creating more admin accounts. It in fact
>>> has
>>> three kinds of users:
>>> Custom (seems to be the default on US 12.04)
>>> Administrator
>>> Desktop
>>>
>>> However Custom appears to have almost no priv at all. Desktop gives a
>>> lot
>>> more.

is a bug too. Custom should not be the default unless we can make custom
user default to something reasonable. The desktop user defaults should be
changed to include audio and should be the default choice when creating a
new user.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net