On Wed, 2014-05-21 at 15:06 +0200, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>         On Wed, 2014-05-21 at 14:43 +0200, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:
>

>         > So what would you do after installation? In my world I need
>         an
>         > application to record something, otherwise I don't know what
>         the use
>         > of the iso is?
>

>         For what usage? To record audio only, to record MIDI only, to
>         record
>         audio and MIDI? Etc. pp..
>
>         A "core" editor should be something like "vi", "nano" or
>         similar, that
>         doesn't mean that for some tasks "Sublime Text" might be a
>         much better
>         editor. "Core" is for something that is needed as a base and
>         that it's
>         something that maintainers should keep stable whatever
>         happens.
>

> Maybe I'm missing something, but why would then plugins be included?

The more you include to "core", the harder is to ensure that it's
stable.

"In FreeBSD, the term “world” includes the kernel, core system binaries,
libraries, programming files, and built-in compiler."

User space for BSD and Linux based systems is another issue. "Core"
components are basal stuff. For audio the interpretation of "core"
components is something like alsa and jackd, but regarding to a "core"
*nix install even those aren't core components.

As an analogy I mentioned rudimentary editors to maintain a broken
install, compared to bloated GUI editors, that provide much comfort, but
that easily could break.

"Core", is for core, is for core. A DAW is very complex thingy.