Separating non-free packages and especially those for which no source code
is available is important. One reason people use Linux distros is for safety in
handling sensitive data. Any FOSS multimedia is disproportionaltely likely to
be chosen by activists media crew all over the world, including places where
leaked raw video, audio, or name/address/phone/email lists get people tortured
and killed.

For years I've blacklisted any and all closed applications. This is because one
can
be sure their code has not been audited for back doors, thus a paid-off
programmer
could insert policeware at any time. My machines carry sensitive raw clips on
encrypted
disks, any closed app has to be treated as a keylogger or data theft threat.

Lightworks is a potential example here: As a video editor it has access to raw
clips. At
last report source code has yet to be released. It uses a phone-home licensing
system.
All of that points to many opportunities for malicious access to raw clips,
perhaps
even covertly over the objection of all but one of the Lightworks devs.

A menu and app installer system that simply lists Lightworks, Openshot, and
Kdenlive together,
with only a single "license" line of text identifying which one is free
software, could put those
better skilled at shooting video than identifying safe software on global front
lines at risk.