On 06/02/2015 07:21 PM, Ross Gammon wrote:
> On 06/02/2015 10:41 AM, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
>> Using existing Freedesktop categories is of course no problem,
>> especially if they make a lot of sense for specific packages.
>> We still need to agree on the non-standard categories that we want to
>> use and suggest upstream.
>>
>> Anything more?
>
> No - I think we can crack on with it. We can always put a mark against
> ones we are not sure of, and adjust the wiki page with the list of
> categories (comments or suggested additional categories) as we go along.

Just tried two in the audio section. Here are some tips.

To find if there is a desktop file, try Debian Code Search:
http://codesearch.debian.net/
Search for something like "package:rosegarden Categories"

For ardour3, I found two desktop files, the upstream one and the Debian
one. To work out which one was installed, I browsed the source code:
https://sources.debian.net/

Whilst you can get the same/similar information on Launchpad, the search
functions on Debian seem easier to use (to me).

Cheers,

Ross