On Sat, 27 Jun 2015, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:

On Saturday, June 27, 2015, Kaj Ailomaa <zeque...@mousike.me> wrote:
      Any other opinions on our set of categories? Because, I'm working on
      finalizing our feature definition for the Freedesktop Categorization,
      so
      that we can start working on that no later than Monday.

Looks good to me. Are we to grab an area each on Monday so to speak?

Any of the Standard Freedesktop Categories can be looked at any time. The X-* categories can start after finalized.

One of the changes I would like to see is that any Audio only application (like a guitar tuner) have both AudioVideo and Audio. It seems that making a generally Video application is likely to be AudioVideo because almost all Video streams include Audio. That is: not worth fighting.

Video has two Categories we are interested in:
        AudioVideo
        Player
Anything with Player and AudioVideo (even if it includes other things) will end up in multimedia players.

If it is not Video, We should see at least Audio. Anything without Audio that has AudioVideo is video, any of these without Player is Video Production.

Honestly, for our menu, I don't think there are enough Video Production Applications that we need to split this any more. If we did, I would think Utilities would be next.

Tuner may be used in two ways, some people include it for an FM tuner and others use it for an instrument tuner. The FM tuner should have Player as well, In my opinion.

What do we do with Blender?

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net