Test again, make sure you do not see any Yahoo URLs come up.  Given the way
Firefox is going, I recommend and practice periodic "cleaning" of URL's from
about:config. Firefox cannot connect if it knows neither IP address nor URL of
something you want to keep out.

More and more they are pulling in shit like "pocket" which is an extension that
uses a 3ed party server. Beware of all browser updates, have a .deb for the
previous version standing by, and when you see new antifeatures rip them out
in about: config.  At least Mozilla still gives us that option, if that ever
goes away
someone will have to rip all the social networking and 3ed party shit out of the
source code and rebuild, then publish the patches.  I would do that myself long
before I would ever tolerate connections to any PRISM or CALEA compliant
service, indeed ANY 3ed party service by my browser.

Just the other day someone was arrested in a child custody case based on online
records from an online service. The Washington post is using this story to try
intimidate people into surrendering if they have warrants or else not dare to
do
anything illegal by saying people don't even know how wide an online trail they
leave. They left out that a fugitive who refuses to permit ANY electronics near
him (as in common in the Middle East) will never be found this way, and that
growing police dependency on online surveillance will necessarily weaken their
ability to find people the old way. It's like driving without a license
somewhere
speed cameras have replaced the highway patrol: the cameras cannot harm someone
with fake tags and no license, and the cops that could are eating donuts
trusting
the cameras to do ALL of their job.