On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 23:33:19 -0400, lukefro...@hushmail.com wrote:
>Given the way Firefox is going, I recommend and practice periodic
>"cleaning" of URL's from about:config.

That's my recommendation too, but I dislike to do it again and again. I
try to find a less bloated browser, that fit too my needs, IOW
that's less bloated but provides more comfort than e.g. xombrero.

I don't remember if I mentioned it already in this thread, on my machine
I need around 1½ hours to compile a kernel with a default
Arch/Debian/Ubuntu configuration and around 3½ hours to compile Firefox.

There are a few interesting notes about e.g. Firefox's policy in the
current flash discussion on Arch general mailing list. And on the
Kubuntu user mailing list there's also is a Flash discussion that became
a browser security discussion, but it's not interesting for more
experienced users.