On Tue, 3 Apr 2018, eylul wrote:

As for XFCE4 the human readable configuration is nice from a power user
level. I personally like that (and to this date, it is the only desktop
environment I created theme elements for, for this reason :) ) but at
the same time is that accessible to our current userbase? Is this

While editable with a text editor is nice for iso creation, from a user's POV, knowing where to edit what is complex enough to make this something most people will not use. I personally have never used anything other than the GUI settings after an install. Most settings involve at least two, but more often three files to change. Trying to tell a user which of those files overrides the others is already painful even if it is obvious to me.

I saw software installers mentioned somewhere too... so far the only reliable software installer I have tried is synaptic. the two big failures of other setups are:
 - not passing package option questions to the user (jackd asks reatime or
        not for example)
 - not informing the user when an install will remove already installed
        packages.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net