Systemd is somewhat of a headache. I have been testing -controls in 1804 and ondemand has been moved to systemd. Not only that, some of the kernel modules don't seem to be loaded before cpufreq runs. I can fix all this stuff but if I do, -controls will be something that works for 1804 but not for 1604. (where the exact cutoff would be I don't know)

Any opinions as to supporting older versions in -controls, or should we just go forward?

My thoughts are to move forward as we don't seem to do back ports anyway, so Ardour for 16.04 is still 4.* even though active development is on 6.0. I'm sure other applications are similar.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net