Cool! I've been toying recently with the idea of starting a blog
webpage on my website, and your work sounds like a good second reference
to link to.

If you want me to link to it, let me know when a URL is
decided on and I'll add it. Maybe you'll get even more traffic! :)

Brian

On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 22:29:21 -0400, Peter Reppert wrote:

Hi,
> I wrote a handbook called "Ubuntu Studio For Musicians" that
covers most of the out-of-the-box programs, recording, mastering, making
a CD, the basics of sound synthesis, and revkiews of some free VST
instruments (see TOC below). I would like to put this guide in the
public domain, and would like to know the best way to go about it? Parts
of it could possibly be incorporated into the wiki pages (i just put in
a request for a wiki documentation account).
> I have been using Ubuntu
Studio for a few years and relying mostly on the forum for answers
(along with the excellent online Ardour manual). Let me know if you
think this 50-page handbook would be useful, and if so, could I get help
editing it? Also where it might be posted as a standalone manual and
easily found? This was written with version 16.04, and is intended for
beginner/intermediate users.
> Table Of Contents
>
> 1. About this
book
> Who this book is for
> Why buy this book?
> How to use this book
- know what's possible
> Companion matter, if any - web site, disk,
etc.
> About the author/acknowledgements
>
> 2. Getting started
> Gear
on a budget
> How to find out if your old laptop can run Ubuntu
> System
Requirements
> Running Ubuntu from media
> Installing Ubuntu Studio

Configuring and testing your soundcard
> Connecting with JACK and
Patchage

> 3. Overview of out-of-the-box instruments and effects

Sound Generators
> Hexter
> Aeolus
> Synthv1