Fix the keyboard layout. What you are seeing is not a single quote but
a latin accent.

'  -> quote
` -> accent
´ -> other accent

Why you have to press it twice? Because àccénts gó with léttèrs. So
you préss the accent and then the lèttér it goes with. And if you want
it alone, you press it twice.

Luis de Bethencourt

On Nov 28, 2007 9:08 AM, adam faranda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I had a problem similar to this in 7.04, after I installed an update. Some
> how the keyboard layout was changed. Reseting the keyboard layout to the
> standard US keyboard worked for me.
>

> On Nov 27, 2007 10:32 PM, Darrin Goodman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I´ve been using Ubuntu since Dapper (and have also used Kubuntu,
> > Fluxbuntu, Nubuntu...) and have been using Ubuntu Studio now since it
> > came out under Feisty last year.  Never before have I seen this sort
> > of behavior, but when I installed the Gutsy version of Ubuntu Studio,
> > my single quote key on my laptop keyboard started misbehaving.
> >
> > Essentially, when I hit the single quote key, on the first click,
> > nothing happens, or sometimes my computer will beep at me but it won´t
> > print the quote.  Usually, the single quote appears after the second
> > click of the key.  Also, the single quote is not the standard tick
> > mark, but is rather a very sloped single quote.  Not sure if the slope
> > comes across or not in this email. ( ´ )
> >
> > The machine is a Thinkpad X60.  Anyone have any ideas?  This is
> > strange behavior.  Thanks!
> >
> > - Darrin
> >
> > --

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá